Sunday, November 20, 2005

Scalz's weekend assignment - Who I'll miss

   
     
Johns Scalzi's weekend assignment.....Who will we miss on Thanksgiving that we are most thankful for:  http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/entries/5084

....:) and extra credit if we answer about which we like best:  pumpkin or pecan pie!  Sorry it's gotta be pumpkin with whip cream!  Pecan is good but so sweet that I can only take a couple of bites.   I wonder what White pumpkin pie tastes and looks like....yes, it's real...:) 

 This year I will be having Thanksgiving with my sister in law and her family...my husbands side of the family.  We take turns each year and so I won't be having Turkey with my parents and will miss them.  We did spend the day on Saturday with them helping them replace part of their back deck.  ( A different kind of weekend assignment..we worked 'til sunset...well, I stayed inside).  Taking turns each thanksgiving has turned out to be a very fair solution.   Since I have four brothers and two sisters, some of which live out of town...I would be missing them also.  Thankfully they are still all alive.   Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving...

until I write again,  yours truly, Maria    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More beautiful pictures!
I never thought of white pumpkin pie... hmmmmm...
I'm feeling guilty that I won't be going to my mom's this year...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you to Maire - White Pumpkin, hum sounds good.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

This is our first Thanksgiving home in four years.  We spent it with my in-laws.  We will have my family's Thanksgiving tomorrow (Saturday).

Happy Holidays!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

Anonymous said...

Love the photos...I have never seen a white pumpkin before...how unique...hugs,
Joyce