Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Morning Moon and Fog

 

  
 
 
The morning moon and the fog in Seattle are quite common this time of year....when it's not raining.  The pond by my work is quite misty sometimes and spooky when you see it from behind the benches in the early hours. These pictures were taken on the way in to work one morning and although I was cutting it close I could not resist.  There is something special about a misty morning, whether the mist lies low and barely covers the ground in patches or is overall the sky and lies high over the benches.   A thin strip of pink light on the horizon heralds the day to come....Red sky in the morning....sailors take warning........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie - nice post - I really like that last one with the bench and the trees.  Aw sweet, sweet serenity.  Of course all of them are good.  I opened the box and saw them larger too.  

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

I really like the last one the best.  I found early morning is the best time to take photos.....but I am working at that time.; (
~Marie

Anonymous said...

How pretty!!
I miss being able to put pictures in this way, wish I knew what was wrong so I could fix it...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful pics..it shows the "weather" of the fall season. It seems as if I can feel the cool breeze!
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

Great pics as usual. Over here it's Red Sky in the Morning, Shepherd's Warning. I suppose it's one of those rhymes that adapt to the community!

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos...loved them.
Hugs,
Joyce