Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Birthday before Thanksgiving

 

    

                         
My husband's birthday falls on Nov. 22 every year (imagine that...same date each year?) and it's sometimes close to or on thanksgiving.   However, a not much advertised fact is that it also falls on the anniversary of  John F. Kennedy's assassination...a very sad moment in history.  He always remembers that and notices when it's not in the news media...I may have to do a special on that soon on my journal.    In the meantime, boy did he have smiles on his face...can't believe a kitchen tool would do that but this Kitchenaid mixer from Costco (professional model) really got him smiling...men and their tools...I especially chose the silver color because it looked like a power tool.  He made, yes made, me go to the store for real whipping cream so he could use the mixer to make it and then we put it on top of his favorite birthday celebration dessert...pumpkin pie - (compliments of our local grocer....Safeway!).   It was worth the smiles...he doesn't like me to post pics of him up here so you will have to use your imagination.  In addition, our daughter gave him much needed and very nice slippers...the kind with rubber soles so he can go out and pick up the paper in the grass in the mornings.  Smiles all around......:)  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to hubby!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry I am late.....a belated happy birthday to your hubby...love the mixer....I have one too...they are great.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Wow...I found this today..11/21/2007...two years have gone by...
tomorrow is thanksgiving...and...my birthday