Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Having a ball or two

Hello all!  

I seem to have lost the ability to add pictures from my FTP space...since I haven't tried any other locations except my computer you may have a little wait until I figure it out.  Forget animations for awhile. As a result,  I thought these photos were appropriate.  Yep, I'm just having a ball or two or three or more...LOL.  

While in Mexico I spotted these sculpture pieces in the lobby.  They were beach ball size and larger sized cement balls.  There was no sign, which was fine since my Spanish is a little rusty.  They were just so mesmerizing...all these round objects, manmade and pleasing to the eye.  What is it about round objects?  Maybe that they remind us of the solar system and it's vastness or the molecular world and it's invisibility. We are all surrounded with circular objects......rolling, rolling, rolling... spinning, spinning, spinning...  That's it for now.  Take it easy,  Yours, truly.    Maria

PS: I'm also having trouble with my computer.  Keep getting script errors when I try to print emails or directly off the internet.  I will be doing diagnostics but it is possible I may have to reload some of my program software....somehow I think some critical file got corrupted.   Stay tuned for more of the computer drama..and yes...I have backed up all my pictures and other data files.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.  Somebody had fun making large cement "snow balls."  Linda here in western Washington  

Anonymous said...

they took the ftp button IDIOTS at aol:( i am not sure how to add other than copy and paste

Deb

Anonymous said...

To answer your email question about FTP, I have been using photobucket.com...then adding all from there to my journal.  Wish AOL would get their act together and fix the issues with the File Manager, thank you for your sympathies, they are much appreciated...have a great day...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

AOL Pictures is fine for photos, but as you know doesn't work for animations... I've used Flickr for photos before (they have free accounts), but I don't think they support animated gifs either. I've heard photobucket does, but I've never used it. So far I've been able to get to my FTP space for putting up graphics, but I haven't tried in a few days, it may be gone ;p

If you would like, I could send you a tutorial for adding full sized pics right from AOL pictures, just like you did from your FTP space. Drop me an e-mail if you would like it... it's too much to post in a comment thread <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

here is the way to add larger photos....
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/2006/06/21/adding-photos-to-your-journal-with-aol-pictures-permalinks/1501

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria~Photobucket is the answer and fairly easy to use! I ran out of
FTP space long ago! Good luck! ;-)Sassy

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria thanks for getting back to me ,Im rereading your journal backwards now lol funnily My partner was doing some concreting,and had some cement left ,so he made some balls like those which you had a picture off lol ...love Jan xx