Monday, March 12, 2007

Feed your Alligators

Hello, all!

 

It's Monday and time to do something to keep clear of the alligators.  A little planning ahead and some knowledge about the week will keep me clear of this week's alligators.  A couple photos I took in Mexico reminded me of that this morning.  The first photo is one of a rather innocent and shy looking little kitty.  Don't be fooled this cat has figured out how to keep clear of the alligators as it plans to get food for the day...as is evidenced by the second photo where the kitty calmly walks by the alligator not more than a couple of feet away.  Why is this possible?  There are alligators all over the golf course and creeks around the place we stayed in Ixtapa.  At 3:00 every day they feed any hungry alligators with raw chicken meat.  This keeps the alligators happy and docile.  They are fenced in at the feeding area but do roam free on the golf course.  Makes for an adventurous round, don't you think.  Especially interesting is that in the alligator infested pond the golf course regularly has someone come in and get the golf balls in the pond...you really have to know what you are doing there.  In any, case...plan ahead and watch out for those time alligators to make sure they are fed.....it's best to stay clear of them by doing things when planned if you can.  Monday is a good time to assess which of your time alligators need feeding...don't you think?  I've got two with particularly sharp teeth....Tax time and College Scholarship paperwork time......:)

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria what a brave little Kitty ,and what amazing pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow...alligators roaming around...didn't see any when we went to Florida but my sister says they roam around all the time!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures of those gators.......but you can keep them. Not uite sure whats worse those or my rattlesnakes......lol

Have a great week.......Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that's scary.  Glad that little kitty knows it's way around the gator area.  I've already recieved my IRS refund check.  I usually do them right away after the W-2 comes the end of January.  Hope you get all your assignments finished this week. Linda    

Anonymous said...

interesting....Ü

Anonymous said...

Ack!   Watch that kitty...
Watch yourself while you're at it...I hope you have a good zoom on your camera...lol!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wonder who owns that kitty...yikes....a bit too much for my nerves, LOL!
Loved the photos Maria..hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

cute kitty:) wonder why the alligators leave kitty alone? great pictures

Deb

Anonymous said...

thats one lil cute innocent looking kitten in the top photo!  can't believe he's that brave.  i know that  i wouldn't be...especially to wade in after golf balls???!!!  yikes!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see teeth like that, I will be going the other way.  Brave cat, but then again, I might be a bit more brave if I had 8 practice lives.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Maria~If I ever did take up golf~that would be one course I'd stay far away from! No Steve Irwin here! Snakes, crocks and gators give me the creeps~Good photo of the teeth anyhow and I'm glad the cat is smart! ;-) Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Very interesting to play golf with the gators but I don't want to be the one to retrieve the balls from the pond...
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

That alligator sure does look menacing, and the kitty better had watch out or it may expend more than its allotted nine lives.  LOL  Hope you have a good week.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

The are a few people I would love to feed to alligators!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

Danger Kitty! Danger Kitty! That is one fearless cat.