Friday, March 9, 2007

Bridges through Windows

 

  Can you tell I'm excited?    I've actually done two entries in one day...it's been awhile for sure since that has happened. 

This entry is about seeing bridges through windows..restaurent windows to be exact.  One of my favorite restaurents here in Seattle is Chinook's by the Ballard Bridge just past downtown Seattle.  As you can see the Bridge is open most likely for a sailboat.  The marina you can see is Fisherman's Terminal and holds many boats.  You can take a walk after you eat on the wharf to see all the boats and imagine what it must be like to be a fisherman. 

The second picture is looking outside the window from Joey's an upscale but nice restaurent bar at the south end of Lake Union in Seattle..right downtown.  The bridge you see through the window is the Aurora Avenue bridge.  It is an interesting bridge...underneath it a famous troll on the north end.  A sculpture big enough to dwarf a volkswagon bug which it holds in it's hand...will have to get a picture of that one later.  It's one of the two main north/south routes through Seattle...and ta da....my husband worked on earthquake proofing it a few years back.

I love to look through windows.  Bridges have always fascinated me.  Symbolically a bridge helps you get across something difficult..a wide chasm or a body of water.  Many bridges are a marvel of humankind.  I like the peaceful ones too.  Although you probably go to a restaurent to just eat and maybe visit...take the opportunity to look out the window..you will never know what you will see.

 

 

 

       Tag by Dianna

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures....have you come over my way and checked out the Narrow's Bridge...the new one will be open this summer?  It's very interesting to see what they've done here in my neck of the woods.    I've seen the troll under the Aurora Ave Bridge (isn't it also known as the Fremont Bridge?)  There's another interesting bridge over here...by the Glass Museum.   Linda just south of you

Anonymous said...

That is a very cool sight to enjoy while eating dinner.  Reminds me of a place I went to as a small child on the NC coast.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Maria What an interesting sight as you are eating dinner ,And Id like to see the one with the Troll ,sometime ...love Jan xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Just a beautiful view...loved the photos...hope you have a wonderful weekend Maria...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures.  Those pictures are taken using a camera phone are they?  
Missie

Anonymous said...

Each window, for me at least, tells a different story and, from the photos you have been kind enough to put out on the journal, I can see that the diversity is so much different to the small inland place my family and I live in and, for me at least, that adds to the facination of being able to blog with people from all cornerst of the world.

John.

Anonymous said...

Maria~Glad you got it all resolved. I love the perspective on these window shots! Below I have never seen rocks so round. Hugs, Sassy ;-)

http://journals@aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

I love bridges!  How neat that that was your view in the restaurant.  Love that! : )  Shelly

Anonymous said...

You have some really interesting photos. I'm not keen on the graphics though.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/