Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ixtapa Sunset Memory

Hello all!  I am so glad to make an entry today....although it will be a short one...and will need to be updated with the larger photo when my FTP Space becomes available.  The sunsets in Ixtapa were really incredible.  I am biased though since I think all sunsets are incredible.   This photo was begging to be put into some kind of advertisement...so I decided to advertise the sunset!   The haziness adds to the lazy aura of the evening...just resting and watching the sun turn red, pink, purple, yellow...and finally it was gone.  There is a story that just before the sun sets there is a green flash....it is a bit of a myth since noone seems to be able to capture that on camera.  In as much as it may be raining and grey here in Seattle  it's also sunny and warm when I look at this sunset memory!  Have a great day all....I know the weather in the East is still crazy!   Take care, maybe a little tropical sunset will help you get away for a moment or two to a world of warm breezes and cool dreams.

Maria

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.  I've never been to Mexico, no not even Tijuana.  If I get down to Southern Calif this spring, I at least want to take the bus across the border so I can say I've been there.   It's cold, cold cold here.  Linda  

Anonymous said...

Nice....I like the way the haze is shrouding the sun a bit allowing a much better exposure to be taken.  Sunsets are wonderful to watch, but I haven't been able to see this flash of green light...maybe the legend got started when somebody took a picture of a sunset with the flash turned on.  

Greg

Anonymous said...

Lovely sunset Maria!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!  I love how the colors and how the setting sun reveals itself from behind the clouds.  Very serene.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunset...  and what a moment!! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful picture.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo:) you take the best pictures:) have a good thursday

Deb

Anonymous said...

 The sunset is beautiful.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

it is a beautiful sunset!!!
gina

Anonymous said...

I love sunsets over the water.....
Linda :)
I noticed today that the other photo button is missing from my journal too..

Anonymous said...

This is pretty perfect, Maria.    It has a fantastic sunset and some other "things" placed perfectly in the photo.
Well done!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

beautiful sunset. (((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am also, looking forward to getting into my FTP space...loved your sunset...always your trips and photos are awesome...hugs and love,
Joyce