Sunday, February 18, 2007

Reflections of Mexico and Spotlighted!

Hi, all!     Preview

I have been Spotlighted on the PhotoTrek journal by Greg Kiser!  It's really an honor ..just take a look at his photos:  The Phototrek Journal and his gallery at: Four Forty Six Photography He made some very nice comments about my trek through 'photojournography'  (my word).  He reflects on his photos like I do but is way more accomplished.  I was thrilled to hear that he thought enough of my photos to do a special on them.   I keep working on improving my techniques not only for posting on the web but also for printing and framing.  Maybe one day I'll graduate past church bazaars...LOL.   Mostly just haven't had the time to make inroads on that.   Greg has a great gallery that I'd like to emulate one day and all this while working full time. 

                               Preview

Here are three photos I took in Mexico all related to reflections and framed in black.  The first one of an egret that caught my eye both above the water and in it's reflection.   He/She (how can I tell?) was standing in water although a bit greenish in color that had little schools of fish just waiting to supper...:)    The second photo is one of a sunset reflection in our little pool on our deck where we stayed.  The colors were so pink and the black  shadows seemed to make the reflection just pop out.    The third photo is one of a pair of sunglasses sitting on a table reflecting the water sparkles in the ocean.  There are many kinds of reflections...these photos all bring back the moment as if I was still there....especially the last one....

Preview

 

Preview

Preview

It sometimes takes me a few days to get the photos ready...I have more and will be posting 2 or 3 of the trip I took to Mexico every few days over the next week or two...stay tuned for more to come.  Hope you enjoyed these!  Seeing the little things may be as easy as catching a reflection...it doubles the beauty of the original view.   Adios, amigos.

Maria

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely shots....beautiful reflections~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Those are incredible.........do you have county fairs where you live???  My sister use to do cross stitch and i have another friend who does photography and they would enter their work and get ribbons for them.  I bet you could submit them to magazines and even make money off of them.

Have a great night.....Liz

Anonymous said...

Very nice...you should enter these in the Fair.  They are great pictures !!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Great job as usual!

nancy

Anonymous said...

These are great photos.  I know you like the last one the best, and it is quite cool.  You have a knack of placing things in your photos.  I'm going to have to try doing some things like that.  I, however, find the middle one fascinating with the pool.  I had to rewide my scroll to refresh my memory as to what that actually was.  It looks like the water is running right off the deck.  The colors work well together as well.  You were on a roll in Mexico I believe.  These Mexico shots are some of the best I've seen you create!

You are very welcome for the spotlight.  It was well deserved, and I was happy to do it.  Thank you for all the nice things you just said about me.  I guess it is my turn to be honored :).

Greg

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo's. you are so talented. (((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

wow great pictures:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

The photo's were awesome...congrats on being spotlighted...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

The photo's were awesome...congrats on being spotlighted...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

They are all great photos. I like all of them. Greg does beautiful work and discriptions of his work. Congrats for being spotlighted in his journal. I myself am a person with few words LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Maria~That second one is my fav---unique and beauiful. That one needs to be in your gallery for sure! Staying tuned..;-) Deb

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your spotlight, well deserved!!
Beautiful shots! I love the sunglass one.....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

wow....wonderful shots!!!  i love them all!
gina

Anonymous said...

A spot Light well deserved!!!!  I just love to visit your journal...your photos are awesome!! Hugs,and thanks for sharing!! TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful!  I love the spotlight you got and even left a comment over there!  Congratulations, you certainly deserve that!  I'm no expert but I also think your photos are fantastic.  Love these of Mexico!  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and that one with the sunglasses sure is interesting.  Hope you are doing OK.  Take care.

Phil