Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sunflower of a different color

Whoa, I've let too much time slip by without an entry.   Today's photo of the moment is a sunflower of a different color.   Yes, it's rusty colored.  I'm always amazed and pleased when I see things out of the ordinary like this reddish sunflower in the photo below.  I'd never seen one before and I think  I've seen a lot of flowers in my life.  Now if I reflect on this one thought for a moment and extend it to other things in life like places  and people I would have much more of an appreciation for those who are different and out of the ordinary.   Somehow it's easier to appreciate it with places and flowers.  Sometimes when people aren't like us it's hard to understand them....it's the unexpected responses and reactions, the fear you might offend or that you did offend and didn't even know it.  Communication is such a challenge.  Yet, there are so many different cultures and the richness and experience of those cultures is so worth it.   I say, keep an open mind for those rusty colored sunflowers in your life.   See!  The bee still sees the flower for the joy it brings..be the bee....:)

 

Maria

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture. There used to be a field of those close to where we had our camper on the water several years ago. I had completely forgot about seeing them. Thanks for sharing. Helen

Anonymous said...

Maria this is beautiful ,thanks for sharing ..love Jan xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Awesome!  Thanks so much for sharing
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

thats a beautiful sunflower. I love the color. TY for sharing it. (((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Perfect photo and great entry

           Julie

Anonymous said...

My neighbor has that color sunflowers in her yard.  Beautiful!
Missie

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful!
gina

Anonymous said...

Beautifully, enchanting! I love this picture as well as the life lesson you added with it. Diversity is a mixed kettle of knowledge, we need to dip our spoons in more often. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

That really is pretty.  I'm like you, if its different it will draw my attention.  The bee is a nice touch as well.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I really  like your journal
Marti