Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feathery Flowers in Sonoma

Hello, all,

I took this photo of  pink and feathery flowers in August but it seems like just yesterday. The canadian geese in the background are a long ways from home but are a great backdrop to their feathery flower friends.  They were milling around this pond at the Sonoma University.  I find that Universities are great places to take photos of the flora and fauna.  This tree had some very airy and light flowers which I loved!  They reminded me of little fan shaped paintbrushes...and when I brought a flower close to my face it was soft and tickled.    The pond also added to the charm. It was a little overcast making the water look greenish...well I think that was why..:)  Have a great day or night and I'll try to catch up on my journal visits to you!   Maria

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!  I think that's a Silk Tree!  Not real sure, but I think that's it!  I saw those for the first time when I was down south; Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia...  They grew wild down there, all along the highways, and planned plantings in parks there.  I tried to grow one here, without success.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely comments in my journal.  I too love to photograph flowers and nature but this sort of clarity keeps escaping me.  I've never seen a bush like this one  before either.  I love learning about new things.  
Thank you

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty flowers Maria.  They really pop with the green water behind them.  The green water by the way has to do with the angle you took the picture more than likely and the reflection of nearby foliage and grasses.  It works in this picture to give a uniform backdrop to your primary subject.

Greg

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! : )  love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

 I really love the colors of green with the pale pink flowers in this photo.  Very nice.


                        Julie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful composition.  I've seen those flowers and wondered what they are, so feathery and delicate looking.

As for the pond water, I know at Pt Defiance Park - the pond is ALWAYS green.  Algae maybe?

Monica

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! The Canadian Geese made a wonderful backdrop for the beauty of this fauna. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

that is such a pretty picture. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS...I'd blow that baby up!
(What camera to you use anyway?)

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful photo! Have a wonderful week, Janie

Anonymous said...

This is delightful ,and a perfect exaple of the frame you spoke about ,so delicate ,its lovely clever you ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Mariah used to call those powder puff plants when she was bitty.
Where do you llive?
Marti

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!  I love geese.. I'm like a little kid when I see them!  Thanks for sharing ~  Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so pretty!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I know I already commented, but saw this again and thought, how beautiful...I just love this photo.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very pretty~
I think we have a tree like that but never seen it bloom.
Marie