Monday, September 24, 2007

Blue Glories - a flower of a different color

Hello, all,

The morning glory flower is usually white around where I live.  I have some good shots of the white ones in my photo collection.  In Sonoma County, California these blue morning glories were growing at the hotel we stayed at recently.  I'm always finding wonderful flowers when I travel.   These were definitely of a different color than what I'm used to seeing.  These had purple bases which really made the blue color jump out. The light was just right.    

Speaking of finding things...in the last couple of days I found two things I thought I had lost.  One was a green trench coat style jacket and the other was my little digital Olympus camera I had bought a few weeks back.  I found both after some agony...the coat under a bunch of drycleaning waiting to be taken in that  I had somehow placed on top of the jacket.  The camera was in the pocket of a warm vest I had worn to a recent soccer game.  I just kept thinking positive and guess what...it worked!   Retracing my steps helped as well because I just kept thinking it's just got to be here somewhere. 

I was blue for awhile but then came the glories when I found what was once lost.  Yay!

Maria 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love those blue flowers...I have one shot I took a few years back that, when I downloaded it....it blew me away!
You got a very nice shot of them here!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I have seen the white and the blue, but never in my 46 years of life have I ever seen purple and blue. Wow, what a treat to see these, thank you for sharing this pic. Happy to hear you found your missing items. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Its always nice to find something that you thought you lost...especially something like you camera.   That's a bit expensive to no know where it is.  Love the flowers, the coloring is very cool.  I don't think I've seen them that color around these parts either.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glorious!! : )  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. Glad that you found the missing items. Helen

Anonymous said...

Those morning Glories are beautiful!
Missie

Anonymous said...

they are beautiful.  glad you found the coat and camera.
gina

Anonymous said...

 Love the morning glories.  I had that type planted all around my dog kennel since she never used it.  So pretty.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

They're absolutely beautiful!  Sometimes it takes a little token of beauty to open our minds to what we've lost, what we have and what awaits.  Glad you found what you'd been missing!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful morning glories!! and yay for finding lost things!!
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Glad you found your coat and your camera! God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

How Glorious ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

California!
The promised land!
I have always wanted to go there.
I have never seen a white morning glory, the bue-purple ones grow wild here.
Beautiful pic!
Marti