Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Cosmos Call

The Cosmos call is hard to resist....no not the greater Cosmos as in the Universe but the littler one as in the flower.   These Cosmos blooms were just bursting with whiteness as bright as bleached white sheets.  They definitely called to my camera.  These flowers are very fragile.   They are not like daisies.   Instead of inspiring you to pluck each petal to find the answer to does he love me or love me not,  these flowers brighten and uplift the spirit.  The little yellow centers like suns in the center of the universe...the white petals radiating like multiple milky ways.  Is our galaxy like a flower?  You never know.   Maybe the Cosmos call does beckon us to think up up and away.   Time to dream. 

Maria  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...will have to remember that name next spring..when I am looking for a new type of flower...very pretty...Have a great week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria ...these are delightful ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I had no Cosmos planted this year.  I love those flowers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Those are sooo pretty and you do take a good photo! Have a wonderful day with lots of laughter. Janie

Anonymous said...

so pretty:) enjoy your thursday

Deb

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy coming here and looking at your pictures.  Always so vibrant, colorful, and crystal clear.  Keep it up.  Take care and have a good remainder of your week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I happened to stumble upon your journal and I must admit you have some very beautiful photographs here.  Thank you for sharing.

Monica

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
Marti