Monday, September 3, 2007

Call me Mellow Yellow

How many remember the song by Donovan called 'Mellow Yellow'?  That song makes me think of the mellow days of summer.  I had to post a photo of yellow sunflowers in honor of that feeling now that we are 2/3 of the way through summer.....  if you look closely you can find the little bee hanging from the seedpod area.   I almost missed it the first time I saw the file.   It was a gorgeous day in Seattle yesterday and today.   The temperature in the lower 70 degrees Fahrenheit.   Almost balmy.   Not much wind but nice.  Drove around today in my convertible with the top down..topless so to speak.    Had lunch at a restaurent at the Elliott Bay Marina and took lots of boat and flower pictures to add to my collections.   I took a chance and entered the red sunflower photo in my last entry in the Comcast photo of the day cameo.  We will see how it does....;)   It's time to get some shuteye!  Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Maria

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the song ,and yes I see the bee in your lovely picture ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes, i remember the song. I love sunflowers and I do see the bee also. Have a great Labor day. (((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!  I do see the bee too :)  Good luck with your other picture!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely.  Now I am motivated to get out with my camera.  If the sun decides to come out that is.

                            Julie
 

Anonymous said...

Gorgeousssssimo!  

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful as always:) hope you win the contest:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Sunflower picture.
Missie

Anonymous said...

makes me smile
Marti

Anonymous said...

I do indeed remember that song. Beautiful sunflowers. It's complete with the bee supping on the nectar. May we all sup on the beauty that surrounds us. Good luck on the entry to Comcast.(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am singing that song in my mind now!
Marti