Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Update to the journal

Ok, the answer to where is this elephant statue is:  South Seattle, Rainier Beach area right off of Lake Washington on the way to Seward Park.  The Rainier Beach Boat Launch is about 1/4 mile south.  It is a private home where the story goes that a year or so ago landed one of the biggest watering bills in Seattle during a particularly dry year.   I spotted this statue while my friend and I were practicing for the Cancer 3Day walk coming up in July. 

I am updating this journal to reflect the little things as more about special occasions and gift giving and making.  I'll be creating two other journals soon to cover 1) travel and photos  and 2) organization skills & finances.    In the meantime I will continue with the rather eclectic views on this journal.  Today is another question on where is this?   It's Elephant art...yes in Seattle somewhere....take a guess if you dare!  :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love elephants. In fact I just watched Steve Erwin this morning and he was in Indonesia visiting with them. I'm going to guess it's at the zoo in Seattle?
Love your ideas for your journal too. I know I'll find them all very useful and interesting! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Is it Umm....maybe..... possibly....The Zoo?   If not...I now I am a dork!!!
TiNa
ps hope you are having a great week!! you are one of my hero's!!

Anonymous said...

Hello again!  You would think this might be the zoo but no! Another clue: it is in the south end somewhere.

Anonymous said...

You must get around more than I do Maria! I haven't seen this little elephant. But one day I would like to see elephants in the wild. They are so cool looking.

Check out my pictures of my "office" at the Des Moines Marina: http://fraschideas.blogspot.com/. We live in a beautiful place and I can enjoy it so much more on a day like today. I love the SUN!

Theresa
http://fraschideas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Got to your page from Marie's bee photo.  I made an entry about bills, but after using my dictionary and elaborating, my computer does not save to the page and is left blank.  So I will see if it will work this time by shortening my entry.

http://jouranls.aol.com/mtrib2/landscapeartwork/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about my misspelling journals!

http://journals.aol.com/mtrib2/landscapeartwork/