Monday, May 2, 2005

Birthday tribute to the little ones

A little tribute to the babies of nature.  Saw this little family of Canadian geese during our visit to our boat at the marina in Ballard, Washington, near the locks.  There are 13 little fuzzies.   When I figure out how to show the little movie I took of them on this journal I'll add that......they are even cuter in motion.  13 little birthdays that happened not long ago!  We do have some real problems with the geese after they grow up around here...they like to leave little reminders of themselves all over the place..it can get pretty bad.  However,  it is a balance as all things are in life.  The good with the bad...right now the enjoying the presence of these little ones is priceless.  (Oh and thanks to TheClarkTeam for the tip on getting the words under the pictures...Laura!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute but oh how I hate the geese here in the NW nasty things!!
~Julie~
http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

I've only seen one batch of goslings at my favorite pond so far, and it went from 3 to 2.  I didn't see them at all today, but it was rather over-cast and only 2 geese were on the water.  I came across 2 nesting sites with broken eggs.  It looks like maybe raccoons might have gotten into them.  There weren't a lot of eggs in the nests, just a couple each, nothing like the number your geese seem to be hatching.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture. Thank you so much for your comment on my journal and thanks again for stopping by. I just posted the info about your walk and see more of your beautiful pictures and stories. ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Sorry for invading your Journal, but WOW!!!  What a talented photographer! I am not sure even how I found you, but I will be adding you to my alerts. Breathtaking!
Tina

Anonymous said...

these are so cute!! You could have entered them in the Mother's day shoot too..; )

Thanks for leaving your link on my Journal, now I have visited (& alerted me on) your Journal...very impressive!

~Marie