Saturday, May 21, 2005

Changes

Ok all!  Here it is the answer to where is this:  the Ballard Hiram Chittendem (sp?) Locks in Seattle! Yes the artwork is on the South side of the locks...what are the locks?  The locks are where the boats get lowered and raised to sea level as they are leaving and entering the Ship canal that leads to Lake Union and Lake Washington.  A great place to visit if you come to Seattle.  There is a small fish ladder there and a nice museum about the history of the locks and other maritime stuff!  Plus it's fun to watch the boats come and go.....

Today I feel changes coming.  The weather here in Seattle has been so strange.  Storms blowing in and out with sunshine peaking through.  Quite unlike the usual sprinkly grey rain we get with no sunshine for days at a time.  I even had the opportunity to see a rainbow in between all the excitement.  I hurried and brought out my camera.   Took some pictures.  Still need to unload them.  I've been totally distracted today with a neat project I started for a graduation present...and can't finish because my All-in-on Epson scanner, copier, printer just died on me..it just won't turn on...no matter how many times I press the button...it really bums me out.  So today I'm thinking about changing my journal.  Birthdays and Bills are too limiting.    I think I may go a whole different direction....   maybe a Guess where I am today!  journal..... where you can try to guess where I took the picture or just make something up for fun!  Try it with this one!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where it is, LOL and for me Seattle is not a favorite city at all , sorry but that's me
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

No problem, Jools,  most people don't know about the cool things in Seattle and the surrounding area.  We have mountains, lakes, rivers, lots of green and some pretty cool art.  The curls are an abstract of waves.....another clue is that boats drive by here.

Anonymous said...

I have no clue about Seattle.... so I have no clue where you are...looks nice though...Have a great weekend and I hope your All-In_one decides to come on or you get something new soon..
TiNa

Anonymous said...

I live in Seattle and I don't know where that picture was taken! But I have good new about the weather...tomorrow will be our last day of rain. Starting Tuesday it will be sunny and warm! I was about ready to go back to Arizona and visit my friend. I would much rather have 106 than raining and in the 50's.

Theresa
http://fraschideas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for your comments!  The weather is better today!  And I am not dead in the water with my printer...I, as always,  found my own way.  I went to Kinkos, now Fedex Kinkos, and scanned in the pictures....On Monday I hope to get ahold of Epson to see what is causing the problem...probably hardware.  I'm getting closer to my new ideas for the journal...I think I may go with Travel & Photo journal...and Special Occassions & Gift Ideas.....but I'm still thinking about it.  ...and possibly a third one called:  Organize Yourself...to get the bill paying and Finances...enter journal items once a week but respond to comments in my comments section in between...that way I could have three journals...I think I'm getting the hang of this thing.....others may have similar topics or themes but I'm unique...noone else out there like me...or for that matter like YOU!  Love your comments..they made my day.    :)

Anonymous said...

What cool pictures!
Have you considered maybe having more than one journal?  I have several because of the extreme differences in topics.  I have my family journal (dustbunnies), my photo journal, my hunting journal, my work journal, my journal to my son, etc.  By separating my interests I don't bore everyone with everything in one journal, they just read the one that interests them.
And... to answer your question, I use Paintshop Pro for my borders, but just about any graphics or photo program offers a variety of borders.  I used to use a lot of fancy stuff, but have found that I prefer the simple solid ones better.  I reduce my resolution down to 100 pixels per inch so it will load faster for viewers while still retaining the detail, but for printing I use at least 300 pixels.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I've always wanted to see Seattle. Your pics today are very interesting. Have no clue where you are, but definitely interesting! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

I'll let you all know soon where this picture was taken!  I took another photo yesterday to replace this one but I want to get some links together first....stay tuned!  There is still time to guess.