Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Pink, Pink and more Pink

Decided to make comments about both bills and birthdays today, change my background color and mention a few new links....

About Births:  Sunsets are the birth of a new night.  Sunrises are the birth of a new day.  I have so many pictures of both!  Maybe that's why I like them so much. Hope you enjoy these....

I changed the background of my journal today to Pink.   One reason is to remind me to condition for the Breast Cancer 3Day Walk.  To learn more here is a link to my page: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=61814&lis=1&kntae61814=7955CDE57BD54805A288EC5D45F3B702&supId=62099510

 Another reason for the change on the background is to act as a reminder of 'being in the pink'...an old saying meaning feeling good!  The Little things should make us feel good!  Remember Those Birthdays and Pay Those Bills....RTB and PTB. 

 Paying the bills is like kind of like going swimming in a lake....the water is usually cold at first touch but once you get in it's a breeze.  Same with bills, it's hard to get started but once you do it goes fast and what a relief when it's done.  Somehow I am always doing the bills in the morning right before work..that way I can mail them on my way into work.  

A good routine is to check my two calendars:  Birthdays?  no,  Bills? yes    I put aside 30 minutes and take care of it.  At night when I get the mail I add the new bills to the calendar.  I've already added the May birthdays to the calendar...Yay!...One coming up soon on the 12th.

I've added some links of other journals to mine, finally!  I had a hard time deciding there are a lot of good ones out there. Thanks to Purple Snapdragon and Random Musings I did it.  I liked these..they are warm, sensitive, positive and make me happy when I read them...see them at the left of my journal.   Two especially have nice photos on their journals Jersey Girl and Eyes of the Beholder.  When you have time check them out. 

I also added one that hasn't been updated for awhile but it got me thinking about poetry.  I've written some over time.  This one has a great idea for Haiku's inspired by photos.  I may try adding a Haiku from time to time on mine and inviting others to add theirs...her rules are simple...take 1 minute and use only 17 syllables....

Here is one for the sunrise picture:

Burnt Orange rising
Fog blankets, valley sleeps
Bright, tendrils, birth of day

How about you?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! Your pictures are ahhh-inspiring....real talent, I am jeaslous!!! Tina  ps Ty for visiting me!

Anonymous said...

Aww...that's so sweet, thank you. I like the new look and pics too! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the walk! I plan to start participating on the walks with my daughter now that she is older.
Mary

Anonymous said...

This is my first time to your Journal.  Pink is a sweet, sweet color.  This tells alot about you.   The colors we choose are so important for us to pay attention to.  Most of the time we choose them almost unconsciously, like our clothing.  We don't know why, but we keep changing until it feels right, don't we? Your photographs are beautiful.  Do you live in Mexico or were you visiting?  

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Oops....I wanted to add one more thing.  I love using photographs to inspire my poetic muse.  Sometimes it comes quickly, sometimes it takes a little time to just sit with the photograph and breath it in  and allow the words to start coming to surface.  I'm doing that with you Burnt Offering Orange sunset right now.  Thank you for that wonderful feeling I'm getting from it.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry