Thursday, January 25, 2007

Winter, a door and Tulips

Hello, all and a good Thursday evening or Friday morning to you!....depending on which coast you are  closest to here in the USA..... I was looking for a theme in my photos and I found a winter picture that made me think of Spring!....Our door has beveled tulips in the window inserts along with the side windowpanel.   I've been seeing Tulips in the stores too and at my sister-in-law's house over the weekend...Spring is just around the corner....you have to have Winter before you can have Spring!   It's just the way things are and maybe that's why contrasts happen....so we can appreciate them so much more.   Remember that there is always a door to the next season and when the door leads to Spring...bring those tulips in the house!

      Preview

         

               Preview

               

           Preview

       The animated tulips are compliments of  Chris at
                                                Cab's Creations:                    

                                                                                     Preview 

   Mousepad nametag compliments of Missie at Chat2Missie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty. Helen

Anonymous said...

Love the snow, love the tulips...great entry...Chris did a wonderful tag too, hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I really like what you said about having contrasts so that we enjoy things that much more.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy of winter into spring....
I like the way you think, girl!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! And what a great entry!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Maria, wasn't it beautiful today?  Is winter going to leave us alone and let us slide into spring or will we get hit again with a cold winter blast?   I can't wait for the daffodils and tulips to bloom.  If you haven't ever been, you'll have to take your family to the Daffodil Parade in April.  It's usually the same weekend as the Spring Fair in Puyallup.   I love your beveled tulip inserts in your windows.  What a lovely touch. I just thought of another cool thing to do in the spring...take a drive to the Van Lierop Bulb farm in Puyallup.  When everything is blooming, it's a stunning display of color.    Linda  

Anonymous said...

My favorite season is fall when it gets a little cooler and the lead up to the holidays.  Of course when I was a kid I liked summer bext because school would be out.  Anyway, here's hoping spring comes early for you.  Have a good weekend.

Phil