Tuesday, January 9, 2007

In with the new..Camera that is

Here is the new camera I got for Christmas!  Ta da!  Nope, not an SLR...which I may regret a little later but I was so tired of lugging around my old camera that I decided to see what I could do with a slimmer version with higher megapixels and less optical zoom than my old camera.  The old camera,  will still be my backup camera...it takes better night sky pictures.  I wouldn't even have replaced it but the latch on the battery compartment is only working partially so it's just a matter of time before it breaks all the way.  It will take me some time to get used to the focus feature on the new camera. and I'll miss the little view finder..it helped me to frame things better....the new camera has no little view finder.    The pictures below were taken by the opposite cameras....:)  with a little help from me of course.  

In addition to the camera change, I'm also changing printers as soon as my ink cartridges get used up.  The feeding mechanism is broken and only allows one page at a time...however, the printouts are so beautiful I'm going to be sorry to see it go...I bought another printer same manufacturer..HP Photosmart but it's an all-in-one..scans, copies, prints and faxes.   I don't know about you but I just hate to change.  Why do things have to break down anyway?  One thing I've noticed about technology is that it's not very longlasting...seems that new gadgets either have hardware problems after a couple of years or become outdated around that time.  It's like they have lifespans like we do only shorter.  The humorous thing about changing my camera is that originally I wouldn't even use a digital camera for the longest time...it seemed so daunting..then one day I started using it and wow a whole new world opened up for me with photography.

 

Preview

Preview

So there you have it!  My camera switch for 2007.   My next entry will have a picture of some roses I took at my sister-in-law's house with the new camera...this was prior to myfiguring out how to focus it correctly.....but it's a start.   Lighting and focus are key to good digital photos.  Although I may whine a little about technology I do see it as a gift to us in this age.  It's incredible stuff.  This week in Las Vegas it turns out that there is a technology expo with some cool new things coming out.  We really need to appreciate this world we live in with the rapidly developing gadgets...who knows how long we will be able to keep this up?  In many ways, it is an amazing age.....

                      Preview

Tag compliments of Sazzy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new camera.  Don't feel bad for a second that its not a DSLR.  The vast majority of people that have one, don't need it, and could get away with something much smaller and portable.  I have yet to venture into the DSLR world, but probably will in the next year or so, so I can have some different lens options.  Regardless, you will have a great time with your new toy.  Just be warned that the file sizes created will be much larger with the new camera.  You might have to upgrade your storage.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new camera. jim got me a camera for christmas and i just love it. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Wow...cool!  Cannot wait to see the results and how ya like it~

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2007/01/09/odd-fruit/1353

Anonymous said...

very nice:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new camera. Looking forward to seeing some pictures you are making with it. Hope you enjoy it. Helen

Anonymous said...

Very nice camera...can't wait to see the photos from it...you always have lovely photos anyway...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Your photos are always well done and special to behold.  I hope the new camera serves you just as well!  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

cool!  I am going to be looking into cameras myself for my daughters birthday in April.  Thanks for sharing.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

The thing that worries me is how long will these pictures last. Even saved on a CD or DVD. It would be a shame if we are taking all these pictures just to have them fade like the old faxes did. We aren't going to have old letters to read because we e-mail, are we going to have photos for our great great grandchildren to look at. Just a thought. I love my digitial camera and wouldn't go back to film.

Anonymous said...

Love the new camera!!!  I am looking for my charger...don't know if man, child or beast did something with it...more than likely my own silly self..hehehehehe!  Hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

Hmm...  I think you might miss the higher optical zoom.  Good luck to you.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/