Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nature Walk at Theler Wetlands

Hmm..this is beginning to sound more and more like a broken record.  I am having trouble loading pictures again.  However, here are a few photos using AOL pictures of a recent walk I took in the Theler Wetlands which is in Belfair, Washington.  I was about 30 minutes early for a birthday party so I happened to see this little sign that directed me to these trails.  The community had done some really wonderful things to make the wetlands walkable...this time of year that would be impossible.   There were wood carvings and wooden plank pathways all the way out to the shore.  Here are a few of my photos...enjoy!

Maria

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pix...yes I too have had to redo some entries not lately...last time I tried to be lazy and copy and paste...hehehehe...thought maybe the pix would take..nope so used the add pix button instead..lOl..Have a good week!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

i told hubby yesterday that i would really like to go to washington state....when it gets warmer!  :)  beautiful country.  i'm sure you enjoyed that lil excursion.
gina

Anonymous said...

love the pictures so pretty:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that place.   There's a place similar in Tacoma, over on 19th and Stevens.  It's called Snake Lake...kitty corner across from the Fred Meyer complex.  When the weather is better you should check it out.   Linda

Anonymous said...

wish I could go walking there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics Maria!  We have a similar protected wetland around here as well.  Unfortunately, the boardwalk collapsed about a year ago and that trail is now closed.  I'm really hoping they get it fixed soon.  I really enjoyed the walk.  Until then, I'll have your pictures to look at.

Greg

Anonymous said...

What a great place to walk...lovely...enjoyed the photos.
Have a great week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place to take a walk!
Linda :)