Monday, January 8, 2007

New Years Resolutions- as guidelines

Happy New Year!....a few days into the year..LOL..about time I added an entry don't you think?   I got a new camera and am getting used to it....however,,,here is a picture from last year just for the memories from my old camera.

Preview

 

                           Preview

 

About those resolutions, I wanted to pass on some thoughts.  Preview

I know there are varying philosophies on new year resolutions...I usually make them just to have some goals.  I like to have goals...however, for those who maybe don't want to get into the whole race of it all here are some general guidelines to follow for any year that was sent to me by a friend:

ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.


FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.

SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN.. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson

SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: R espect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.

Preview

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these.... alot to be learned ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

good list....and great pic.  i know you'll have lotsa fun with that new camera!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Good to "see ya".   What kind of camera did you get?
I do like those guidelines a lot!  
Happy New Year...
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love your tips for the new year.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hey, how ya been?  Happy New Year!!  I enjoyed the list of goals for the year.  I try to do most of those on a daily basis, but there are a few that I'll have to give a try.  I like the picture, it is very colorful, and makes me want sring to get here...we have the temps, just need the plantlife that comes with it.

Greg

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see new pictures with your new camera:) have a good week

Deb