Monday, July 18, 2005

Dragonfly

    What is it about dragonflies?  They are magical.....this one stayed still for awhile and so I got to capture the translucent wings and the sky blue and black body.  He/she? was just hanging on a branch.   I've noticed some great dragonfly photos out there in Journal land....just thought I'd add to the bunch..:)  

 

Added this great site that I got from a Sometimes photoblog  ( http://journals.aol.com/sepintx/sometimesphotoblog/entries/1221 )entry:

http://www.dragonhunter.net/index.html

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw one that landed on my car the other day...interesting...thanks for the post.

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sat on a riverbank in the boiling sun for over half an hour the other day trying to capture 2 huge dragonflies. 1 blue the other brown. But they were too active.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks

Anonymous said...

I think I visited the site you are talking about.  I have left some comments, and put the screen name on my alerts, but I cannot think of the name.   Very nice colors.  I do not have a close up lens ability with my camera, so I can only do so much, if I was lucky enough to find one to photograph.   ~mark~

Anonymous said...

His site is the best - his photos are amazing. I so love dragonflies - they are magical aren't they? ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome shot!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful shot...dragonflies are my very favorites...very neat picture!

Hugs,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Are'nt they fun to photograph! Of all the bugs I go after, dragonflies are the best. They fly off, but it's not a panic fly off. They are curious bugs and come right back close to keep an eye on me!

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite subjects. You can sit and wait. Nothing seems to phase them from their role in life as predators.