Tuesday, July 19, 2005

3 Day Cancer Walk - Trip to REI

          

                  

       

This evening I went to REI.. www.rei.com   to get some things for the 3Day walk....  www.the3day.org  ....maybe some of you have an REI nearby... well ~ $100 later I have some things I need.  I had to get a fanny pack, some first aid items (I had sprained my ankle in February so I figured a wrap was in order just in case....).   So I've begun my last minute packing... I still need to decide on the carrybag and sleeping bag which I should have somewhere...can't believe it's almost here on Friday.    Wish I could take my photos with me....this pinkish/purple photo of the clematis in my backyard is a nice vision to consider coming back home to and ponder on while walking.   Clematis are a bit unruly like me....ha!  I'm glad to do the walk and raise some funds for the cause....they say that every 3 minutes a new case of breast cancer is diagnosed in the US.  People really do need to check themselves the sooner it's diagnosed the easier and quicker the treatment.  Great strides have been made in the treatments too....much wiser and kinder with better results.   This was a long entry for me....so today and tomorrow I'll be posting some more thoughts.....      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of REI before, thx for the tip. I can't wait to hear all about the walk! Good luck and most of all - have fun!!! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great thing! Congrats!
Elisa