Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Framing is important

Hello, all,

I recently entered a photo contest and found out how important framing can be....turned out the frame I chose, although interesting was too interesting and took away from the photo...I didn't realize it until I thought about how I was so attracted to the frame that I had trouble finding the right photo to put with it.  I had changed my mind so many times...I should have had a clue..here is the photo with frame submitted...what follows after that are a couple of photos with borders and framing I thought would have worked better......what do you all think?  Maria

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right!  I think I like the last one best of all. The first frame is lovely, but it takes away from the photo too much and is too distracting!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You are right. The frame is beautiful but takes away from the picture. Either one of those other frames looks better. Helen

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with you.  i love your choices to submit!  those are great.  the 2nd is my favorite.  where were these taken??
gina

Anonymous said...

I love the third version without the frame of course. I agree the frame is lovely. Not trying to be rude, just an observation. The photos themselves give a wonderous visage. For that particuliar frame I would suggest someting without angles or shapes as the frame detracts from them. Perhaps Landscape or a picture of a person would serve the frame so much more. Of course this is just my humble opinion. I love those type of frames, I have a few around my own home. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Big difference for sure.  I'm thinking about entering a picture in the Puyallup Fair...I think I will just have it simply matted and let it go at that.  I love the pictures by the way.  Linda

Anonymous said...

sorry you didn't win....
the first frame is very busy with lots of squares and takes away from the swirls of the picture... but I'm no expert, lol...
I love the third one!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

They all look wonderful Marie...great job!!!   Hope you are having a lovely holiday weekend...hugs and love from Virginia!
Joyce