Monday, January 21, 2008

The New Year - It's a carousel

Hello, all, 

No I did not drop off the face of this wonderful earth!  For the last few days I would sit down and look for a photo that inspired me to make an entry.  I think I went through a double block:  a writer's block and a photographer's block...I wonder what that might be called?  A Wrotoblock?  

Ah, what can I say.  The fog seems to have lifted when I sat down today and found this photo.  The new year is somewhat like a carousel.  There are so many beautiful horses to ride...which one should I pick?  Will I be this way again?  Will I get tired or dizzy on the ride?  Going round and round the view changes and stays the same.   I like carousels and especially the beautiful horses.  I do like the other animals as well but the horses are my favorite.   The carousels remind me to take a moment and enjoy the beauty as well as the ride.  

I am challenging myself and all of you too!  Enjoy the ride this year and find the beauty.  This is the jumping off point for my journal this year...that is the beauty and the ride!  The day is gorgeous here today.  Cold, yes, in the 20's Fahreinheit...very low for Seattle but I'll be out today and during my ride I'll get to see Mt. Rainier clear as a bell in front of blue skies!   Hope your day and ride go well today!  I hope it was worth the wait for my journal entry for those who haven't given up on me.      Maria

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you!  
Missie

Anonymous said...

I adore carousels. If we are anyplace that has one and I have a camera I have to try to get at least a few pictures. One of the zoos we go to occasionally has one with all wild animals on it. I think I may have posted a picture or two from it at some time or another.

Anonymous said...

Life is a ride... ups and downs, beauty and ugly...  Glad you found some inspiration to do an entry.  Even though it's cold, I bet it was a sight to see, Mt Rainer with blue skies!
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i have always loved the Carousel:) yes life is like it. have a good week and stay warm

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the view of Mt Rainer beautiful today! :-)  Breath taking.

I love the carousel.  Where did you get this picture?  Is this around Western WA by any chance?  Am I missing out on something fun?!?!  I went to see the beautiful carousel in Spokane on the river walk - lovely.

Hope you have a great week and stay warm!

Monica

Anonymous said...

It's always a pleasurable wait dear one. I enjoy reading your journal. Wonderful description of life through the eyes of a Carousel horse. I used to live about 1/2 hour from where I am now in Binghamton , NY and they are suppose to be the Carousel capital there. Almost every park around has an antique working one. It was the highlight of my daughters younger years, finding a new one to ride. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Maria
Great , crisp colors.  As a child, I was scared to death of the merry-go-round.  The horses were so fierce looking and they went sooo high.  I had to be content to ride in the non-moving carriage.  I got over my fear some 50 years later, though, thank goodness.
Cheers,
Clyde