Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Photo Shoot 2 - Krissy's Black n White

Amazingly, another photoshoot site by Krissy has me inspired to do even more posting.  

 

Amazing because I have not been posting much this year.  Her theme was Black and White,

 Here is a black and white of a latte photo from my previous post to this week's photo challenge by Marie.    It has a different feel to it but still offers a similar appeal to coffee drinkers.  Kind of like the old time black and white photos I used to take with my little Brownie when I was a child.  

Interesting story goes with this photo.   I had this great cup of coffee at an espresso place in Seattle called 'All City Coffee'.   Absentmindedly I left the place leaving my leather coat.   I was also excited about this photo I had taken in the place.   I didn't realize it for a day or two...it had been a fairly warm day and I wore other coats the following days.   When I missed the jacket I finally narrowed it down to 'All City Coffee' and called them.  The woman that worked there had seen it and kept it for me behind the counter.   I was thrilled and decided to leave them a thank-you card along with a framed  8 by 10 black and white photo of that delicious latte which I printed on canvas.   When I revisited the place a week or so later, to my surprise, the manager had hung it on the wall behind the counter.   I was very flattered.   That is the story that goes with this photo! 

Maria

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this in black and white too
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Great photo.
Missie

Anonymous said...

looks delicious.
gina

Anonymous said...

I loved both entries about the coffee houses! I wish we had something similiar around here, that is one of my weaknesses a great Latte. Loved the black and white photo hon. Too cool , that the owner put the picture up behind the register. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Great photo

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

what wonderful serendipity!
Marti

Anonymous said...

very nice:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

That drink looks so inviting even in black and white!

Monica

Anonymous said...

great picture and story behind it!

betty

Anonymous said...

Great shot and neat story to go along with it!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

That is so cute. I am new to the Journal.

Margaret
http://journals.aol.com/gracelandlady72/churchhouseprayers.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a compliment... to have your photo hung.  I am out of coffee this morning and this picture isn't helping.  LOL  Great shot!  Nice to meet you, I'm Val, Krissy's sister.  I did the shoot, too.  Have a good Sunday!  Hugs!
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/entries/2008/01/24/black-and-white-photo-shoot.../2033

Anonymous said...

 great shot and it deserves to be hung.

            Julie

Anonymous said...

its a great pic

Anonymous said...

Yummy! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Great shot.
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/my-photo-lounge/entries/2008/01/23/j-land-photo-shoot-126-with-krissy/1815

Anonymous said...

Great shot, great story.... and it looks like a great cup of coffee too!!!  That was nice thinking on your part to frame that for them, of course they'd put it up, it's beautiful!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this photo.  It looks so good in black and white.  And how flattering that the manager hung your photo!  That is flattering!  
Thanks so much for participating in the JLand Photo Shoot, Maria.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Very unusual design in center. :-) Nice shot. Have a wonderful day and thank you for commenting on my journal. Janie

Anonymous said...

That's totally impressive!  Wow!  Good job!  And, you found your jacket!
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/