Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Latte Heaven & Biscotti - Photo Challenge- Hometown

Hello all!  A Photo Challenge site has been set up to continue what John Scalzi had started by Marie, a great photographer and blogger.  PHOTO CHALLENGE-HOMETOWN.

This entry is about Hometown.  Join me as I enter on a  photo journey to compete with my fellow photographers.  It may seem like a cliche but Seattle is definitely known for it's coffee and coffee shops.  This aspect does hold true for when I travel because when I return to this fair city I find that I've really missed the great coffee we have here!  Whether it's Starbuck's or a little corner coffee shop...my hometown sure does make the best latte's.  These three photos were taken in January of 2007 in a couple different coffee shops here in greater Seattle.  Just a month or so ago there was even a latte coffee art contest at the Seattle center.   Hope you enjoy, and if you are in Seattle...be sure to stop at a local espresso stand and ask them for a latte ...you never know what you will get.......   Maria

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.  I can almost taste it.  Clyde

Anonymous said...

I like the design they did with the foam...nice touch!

Greg

Anonymous said...

Great shots!  I want one of those right now, LOL.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious. I could handle one of those right now. Helen

Anonymous said...

yum!!!  you made me hungry!  Great job
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I've never had an expresso.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me :).  Your area I would love to visit someday.

Betty
http://journals.aol.com/rap4143/MyDayMyInterests/

Anonymous said...

i would love to visit seattle some day...and might even try a latte, though i'm not much of a coffee drinker.  lol  good entry.
gina

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I love good coffee.   If I ever visit you, we'll have to go Cafe hopping!
Great, clear photos too...though I can only view 2 of the 3.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy!
Too good actually~  Ü
This was a wonderful challenge b/c we get to learn about various places & why they mean so much to us.  Thank you Maria, this was a different view of what makes our home special.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Maria, wow! A few of my favorite things!!! Very nice presentation and great way to represent your hometown. Glad you posted!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Seattle and coffee are one and the same!  I love how you did this - wonderfully done!

Monica

Anonymous said...

You could make a nice career out of food photography, Maria it all looks so good!

Rob

Anonymous said...

Didn't you have 3 images up here???  Or am I loosing it......sheesh.
My favorite is this one.....[but what happened to the others?]
Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

This is different. Biscotti.  Oh I just love Biscotti.
Good luck
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Coffee, now that's something I've rarely heard associated with any city lol
Nicely presented though, enjoyed your submission

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I knew that latte looked familiar. I had to go back to the main page and saw that you had posted a latte shot in the black and white challenge. For a moment I thought maybe I was losing my mind, LOL!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

 I love a good coffee shop when I travel as most places make it way to weak.  Love the photo's.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

Ummmm-looks good!!
connie

Anonymous said...

great picks..looks yummy-Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I like this interpretation!!
Great choices!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the only French person anywhere who doesn't drink coffee.