Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's such a Blur! But what a Memory!

Hi, all!

Best laid plans don't always happen exactly as you planned...Christmas activites happened so fast it all seems like a blur like the photo of our tree with the presents.   I forgot to use my tripod for the indoor picture of the tree (as has been recommended, suggested and directed to use by Greg from phototrek..LOL) and correct my setting to farther away rather than nearer.....  Of course now all the presents are gone but what a memory.  It was a fun Christmas this year.  Our first Cookiefest, at my sister's house,  I involved my husband and daughter in the selection of presents for the nephews and neices and I got a very nice present myself from them.  I planned to be so organized....it's Saturday and I'm just starting to feel that way.   Going to finish putting some financial forecasts together for next year and clean up my budgeting process...and, in addition some other goals...well let's save the rest for another entry.  Hope things went pretty much as you planned for the holidays!  

   

The thought in this case does count because the photo is a blurrrrrr...LOL....and then there is my annual placing of the doll in the tree!

This year's theme was red...even the angel treetopper....

 

Check out this sampling of some of the cookies we made...there is even a martian in there created by one of my nephews.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies look yummy!

You leave for Mexico soon, right?  I'm so jealous, I can't wait to return.

I have a love/hate relationship with my tripod and monopod.  

Monica

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday hon! The cookiefest sounds like a great idea for me to try out next year. Wishing you a wonderful, loving New Years all the year through. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Your tree was beautiful and the cookies look yummy.  I didn't make any cookies this year, I figured none of us needed any.  It was the old "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips" thing.  Now we have dark and dreary January to look forward to.  Hope I can stay up long enough Monday night to watch the fireworks from the Needle.  Happy New year !!   Linda

Anonymous said...

I found your journal thru a link on another journal. Wow, your photographs are amazing!  You're very gifted! I will be returning from time to time to admire your work! Thanks for sharing. Happy 2008 to you and yours. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the color RED and my tree is always red and white.  Daughter complained this year that it wasn't "colorful".  Gorgeous pics Maria.
Sharon -