Saturday, December 22, 2007

What's Your Dream?

Hello, all!  Christmas is almost here and it's time to recognize that we have dreams.  As children and as adults we all have something that we wish for and hope will happen.  What about you? What's your dream?  I've always wanted to find that business that defines what I am good at and like to do.  Not that I don't like what I do at my full time job but I feel there is more that defines me.    Maybe that is one reason why I do photography.... it is an outlet for that dream.   The last two years I had my photos in a couple of church bazaars with some success!..... I've also had my dulcimer there to play and entertain my visitors although with a very amateurish hand.  The cards and photos are part of the process and between last year and this year more people remembered me, and it gave me great joy!   I plan to do it again next year and maybe a market or two in between.  It is still a small step doing this kind of thing.   But it gives me ideas.   Here, in the photo below, I am at a recent Bazaar in November........I hope to do more of this as time allows.  It took up the whole weekend and I'm still working full time so weekends are all I would have. But the experience was priceless to me. I made enough to  cover some of my expenses...but not all.  Maybe next year I will have discovered the formula.   

Can you imagine the music coming from the dulcimer?  I'll give you a hint....it is sweet and lively.  Do what you love....it will always be the right thing to do.  

Are you doing what you love and gives you ideas for your dreams?   That is what I wish for you for Christmas..and of course, Peace and Joy too! 

Maria

 

My dulcimer below - my hungarian roots are showing....:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful when you are able to follow your dream.  You have a very nice setup with your pictures and your cards.  The way you have things framed is very eyecatching and I can see why you have seen success at these bazaars.  What I have discovered in the photo business is that you need to be good at marketing to get anywhere, and it looks like you are making some wonderful choices.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for following your dream!!!
Dream Big and have a Wonderful Merry Christmas!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

you are so right, of course.  i think it's wonderful the way you are marketing and displaying your photos!  merry Christmas!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Your photos look great and so do you!  I'm sure one day, you'll be living on your photo sales!
Missie

Anonymous said...

love the pictures:) Merry Christmas

Deb

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on the photography!  What I see there looks good.  Wishing you much success in 2008.

Merry Christmas!

Monica

Anonymous said...

I love dulcimer music...it sounds like fairies dancing...I love your pictures too
Marti