Friday, November 2, 2007

The wonders of Digital

I was whining a little in my last entry about the challenges of going digital which made me think about the opposite for this entry.  There are so many wonders of going digital.  In today's Seattle Times there was an article about stock photos and how they are being used for campaign ads because they are cheaper and easier to manipulate versus going out to get the real picture.   Although this approach can be misused it may offer a reasonable alternative in some cases.  You can do so many things with digital photos these days.   Here is a little example of what a little fiddling with contrast and brightness can do for you with a Before and After picture:

Before:

After:

I like both of the photos but if you need a little more intensity....digital will get you there.  If you want some great tips on digital photography check out Greg's Photo Trek.....    he takes some amazing scenery shots and gives us some easy to understand tips.

Have  a great day!   Maria

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love PS, PSP and Elements :)...nice work.
Betty

Anonymous said...

I love taking photos with my digital camera, but want a better camera.  I love how the second photo turned out.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

Did not realize how different! Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Digital is the way of the future for photography.  Even film shooters are scanning their images for the best of both worlds.  Film usually has a little bit better exposure latitude than digital, but the HDR plugins for PS are actually making the opposite true.  At any rate, digital is here to stay, and it will only get better.  By the way, thanks for the plug!

Greg

Anonymous said...

Good poiints here...and Greg is the absolute best!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

amazing:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

wow that is amazing. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I miss film to a small degree but, I've come to absolutely LOVE digital!  The reason being "developing" and tweaking a photograph is so much easier as shown in your example above.  Today in my own entry I mentioned that I loved digital due to the fact it gives us the freedom to play with the camera without the pricey developing costs.

Monica