Thursday, November 8, 2007

Back Deck in Transformation

Hi, all!

I decided to try an evening entry (for me) in my photo blog.  There is something about a deck that is just too reminiscent of vacation.  We are transforming our back deck with new paint, railings and in some not too distant future a gazebo on the corner which will encircle our hot tub.   The new railings are really nice and homemade...nice to have a handyman in the house.   The deck flooring is now entirely waterproofed.   The color reminds me of sandy beaches and is bright even on our greyest Seattle days.  At night it almost lights up the deck with it's brightness.   I especially like all the white lines and the green chairs in these two photos.   It's enough to give me a memory of summer and those warmer months as our weather cools down for the fall and winter.  That's worth a photo or two.   Maria

 

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!  I can see myself sitting up there having a cup o' coffee with ya!

nancy

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful...and what a view you can enjoy.
gina

Anonymous said...

That is lovely you must enjoy sitting there ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow..cool deck and awesome view...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

What a view!
Missie

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!  I could spend hours looking out over the roofs of my neighbors' houses.  So relaxing.

Greg

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful.... Looks GREAT!!!
I loved my deck too, & it was the best part of my home.  I  miss it~
Marie

Anonymous said...

That is a good color! I had my husband make our back deck with one corner cut off to put a gazebo there.. but the tree died a couple of years ago that shaded the deck. :(  After a vacation in Fl. and staying in a place with a screened in deck... I am thinking about maybe just an area room screened in out by the shade trees?? lol Sure was nice without the bugs. Have a wonderful day. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

your deck is beautiful
It looks high up.
Is it?
Do you have a view?
Marti

Anonymous said...

 What a great view you get from your deck and I like all the colors also.

           Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the photos!  Not only do I love the deck and the chairs, I love the table!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your deck and the wonderful view....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Deck. Definitely looks like some wonderful summer evenings will be spent out there. Love the light colors. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You can't beat that view with all the fall foliage in the background.  Beautiful.  

Phil