Friday, November 23, 2007

Ice and Swans, Ducks and a tip

 

Hello, all!

Boy it's cold here today in Seattle...but I'm not complaining too much because it is sunny!   The cold made me think of ice.  This time of year I love to listen to the music of Tschaikovsky and especially love the Nutcracker and Swan Lake themes.   Swans have always been one of my favorite birds ....especially their white feathery bodies and long necks....I've also seen black swans but white are my favorite.  They even come to Washington state during their migratory patterns but have never had a chance to seen them here during that time...maybe a future photo moment.

I was up on the internet looking for something the other day and found this neat website of an ice carver in Michigan named: Ted Wakar.   Wow he does some neat things but check out this Swan!   His site is called: Frozen Images.    I'm going to check out how he handles getting a swan from there to here in one peice...:)

Have to add one of my own photos to keep me in practice...below is a photo of some ducks standing on the frozen pond near where I work....you may recognize it from an earlier photo blog entry.

email entry above and file manager file below

One last thing....here is a little revised tip on inserting photos in the AOL blogs..you probably did know that you can copy and paste photos directly from  other emails and websites into your AOL emails.   But, did you know that you can copy and paste from any email or website directly into your journal blogs?  Yes...and it's much quicker than using the AOL hometown file manager...however, what I found out, as one of my commenters mentioned is that at first it looks like it works but then it turns into a little red x.....  I guess it must mess up AOL somehow so forget about trying this and depending on  it to stay. 

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all!

Maria 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture doesn't show up on my computer but the second one does. Those poor ducks feet are cold. Great picture. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh, I used to ONLY do that, but I often ended up with little red x's...like  your first pic.   When it's first pasted, it works, but somehow it doesn't stay.
(I like swans too,,,btw)

nancy

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the first pic
Marti

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend:) love the pictures its been cold here too

Deb

Anonymous said...

stopping by to say hi and hope you have a great weekend. I love ice culptures. (((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

The middle picture isn't showing.  

We certainly had some cold weather didn't we, now all this rain.  I'll stay inside for now. :-)  With a fire in the fireplace please.

Monica