Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Therein lies Immortality

Hello, all!

Flowers find immortality of sorts by being photographed.  It's one way to make them last far past their original lifeline.  Isn't photography wonderful?   What about that which we don't photograph with a camera?  Aha!  We have memories.   With People it's hard to capture moments in photographs and yet we can capture the event itself to trigger our memories.... Our memories are what gives life immortality.....as we pass them on they live from generation to generation as stories.   Therein lies immortality in stories and photographs.   Today, my story is a new image haircut.  I will eventually get a photo.  It's  more sophisticated rather like the photo of the flowers below.   It's good to change some things as time goes on.  Seeking a little more simplicity and elegance is a good thing.  How do you want to be remembered?  I'm not sure yet about me.....but I do like this photo I took near the Public Market of these memorable white poppies and the surrounding leaves and flowers...:)

Maria

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria absolutely beautiful picture!!!! Did you use any PS on the image?  
Betty

Anonymous said...

Love the picture!  You did a great job
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Oh darn.  I don't see a picture.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Nice thoughts and a beautiful picture.  I bet that picture would make a lovely desktop!

Anonymous said...

I just love the pic. Hope you have a nice day. ((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers, wonderful shot....nice entry.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

Native Americans often embraced this thought process, to give vision to the memories of how things where by passing them down through the generations. Someone once said, if we are loved we are immortal, for we live on in the hearts of those that loved us. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

As long as there is memories there will others will always live, Sorry I could`nt see the pic as it had gone, have a good weekend. luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I always wonder if I remember the memory or only because I have a picture of it....
Linda :)