Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Sun Transition collection - 2nd image

Hello, all! 

This is the 2nd image in a collection I am working on called My Sun Transition Collection.   I am a big fan of sunrises and sunsets.  You can't tell from a photograph whether it's a sunrise or sunset unless you know the location.    I keep finding wonderful quotes that just cry out for being put on a photo with a sun transition scene.  Hopefully I can amass several of these photos and captions.  So far I have four photos I love and have been commissioned once for them. I produced framed and matted selections for a recent Toastmasters Conference as gifts to Speakers and Judges.  That was so exciting to me and they turned out so well.   Wouldn't it be great to have them in a gallery or show?  When the time is right...:)

I like these times of transition ...between day and night in these photos of dawn and dusk.  It is an ultimate indicator of change for us.   As the sun gives way to the darkness and the moon and stars and vice versa it reminds me that in transition there is beauty and change.   It is said that change is good.   I would really miss it if we didn't have beauty of the sunrises and sunsets so I would have to agree:  change is good!   The next time you get hung up and are resisting the change that must be...think of the sun and the beauty in times of transition.  Look for the beauty in the change, you may be surprised to find it takes your breath away!...That's my thought to start the week!:)     Yours truly,  Maria

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and let ya know that i love your Journal. I love the photos you add, the topics you write about...It's all Wonderful...A Great read!

http://journals.aol.com/lipglosslush7/AsTheSunSets/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...Love the quote!  Have a great week! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Maria, I love them, too!  I always love your photos.  This one is stunningly beautiful!  Thank you for sharing it.  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like your idea about using the captions with the sunrise/sunsets.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Very nice...have a great week!!!  Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

how exciting for you.  congratulations!!  the sunrise is beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

how exciting for you.  congratulations!!  the sunrise is beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

Beauatiful!
Missie

Anonymous said...

And a wonderful thought it is. The picture is just breath taking. (((((((Hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

great...Great...GREAT!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words of wisdom! I'm always up to greet the coming of the day with the Dawn for me that is when I say my prayers on the smoke to welcome a new day.
Native American's believe the sunrise and sunset are the most powerful moments in a day. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous picture. Thanks for sharing, Maria.