Friday, May 4, 2007

Boating in Seattle

Saturday, May 5, 2007, is not only Cinco de Mayo it is also Opening day of Boating Season here in Seattle.  We were going to take our boat out with friends and family but since the weather is not going to be very good and our friends and family mostly can't make it we are cancelling. Maybe next year...:(   These two photos are of the Seattle Skyline, Space Needle and Marina at the south end of Lake Washington here in downtown Seattle, Washington.  The sun was setting and it shed an eerie twilight effect on the boats and marina which I think I captured somewhat here in these photos.  

 

     

      This animation is compliments of D's Designs by Donna

                                                          MARIA

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful day!  Thanks for sharing!  have a great weekend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

What a shame you had to cancel ,it would have been a lovely way to spend the weekend ,its cold here too  great pictures ....love Jan xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...makes me wanna boat!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

very nice:) sorry the family and friends can't make it boohoo to them

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been there, to the top of the space needle....
Have a beautiful day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Seattle, but it sure looks pretty and seems like it ought to be a very nice place to live.  Don't party too much now!!  LOL  

Phil

Anonymous said...

I love being near the water, you captured 2 great shots, especially the second one.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend it will be ...love the photos...and Donna's tag is so pretty.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

How I would just love to be on the deck of one of those boats.  I really like the effect the setting sun provided.

Greg

Anonymous said...

wow, it does have kind of an eerie twilight feel to it.  I like it though and I'm sorry you didn't make the opening day.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

My nephew lives in Seattle, I went out for a visit a couple of years ago.  Great city.  Love the pix!
Betsy