Monday, May 21, 2007

Tulips in the Pacific Northwest

Hello, all!   Time for an entry....I haven't tried uploading photos since the change in the process from AOL.   So Ive added individual photos and also created an album of a few photos.   I love the Ken Burns fading feature for these photos since it has an eery invitational pulling energy...the tulips seem to be saying come in and visit..here we are..come in and join us.....it makes me feel in one with the tulips...looking up at the sun and opening the petals for those radiant rays of light in harmony with my other tulip friends..but I digress.   These tulips were in a show garden at the Van Lierop Farm in Puyallup, Washington about 20 miles south of where I live in South Seattle. In a fairly small area the riot of color and light were unbelievable the day I went in mid April.    Thanks, Linda from Washington for the tip.   

                          

  

 

                                      

 

    

Maria

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tulips!  Thanks for sharing.  Everything here is turning brown already because it's been so hot and dry!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

You have been missed.  This is a lovely come back...thanks for sharing...I enjoyed. Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria~thanks for sharing gorgeous tulip display! Have a great week. Deb ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

those tulips are beautiful. and welcome back. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Nice job there...I still don't even know how to access this new slide show way.

: (   Can't say I've tried very hard though...

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...Love the Tulips~Thanks for sharing...I so wish I had a private garden of my own to enjoy!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. I myself prefer looking at pictures rather than a slide show. Helen

Anonymous said...

Those tulips are beautiful.
Missie

Anonymous said...

have a good week:) love the tulips

Deb

Anonymous said...

i love tulips, and these are beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

Very pretty tulips...I'm afraid I've missed the opportunity to get ours photographed while they are still fresh.

Greg