Friday, September 15, 2006

Late Summer Blooms

Preview   Hello all!  Happy Friday!  Daisies and flowers that are like them are so handy for making decisions...don't you think?   The flowers blooming here now are more in the oranges and yellow colors.   It is late summer and the weather is cooling down.  A change of seasons is occurring right before our eyes.  It is awakening some long forgotten desires in me to see pumpkins and to drive through the mountains as the leaves on the trees change to seas of golden yellow and sierra orange...brightly lit on those sunny days when they reflect the light before they fall to the ground.   Although Summer is ending, what a great season we are beginning.  This is the kind of change that is good for us....different views of the same place.  Growth, renewal and change. Farewell, Summer, until we meet again, I'll miss you....just a few more days we can enjoy the arrival of your cousin Autumn!  Maria

Preview

Preview

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Maria...I've tried taking pix of these flowers and am NEVER happy with them.  That first one is just great.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful,Maria,.,.,love the black eye susans ,.,.,.,Jan xx  

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

i love the black eyed susans so pretty:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!  I needed this on a gloomy, rainy day here in NY, been like this for a few days.
Thank you for sharing your sunshine!
Marie

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! And I love Daisies...Im glad the seaon is about to change and that its getting cooler cuz this summer weather has been rough on me. Yay its friday. have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a perfect season.  I too love the change in seasons, and eagerly await fall.  The crispness in the air, the color on the mountainsides, and the cool nights.  I just can't wait!

Greg

Anonymous said...

such beautiful flowers. have a great weekend. ((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I don't have a journal, but I love stopping by yours, especially, to see the lovely flowers.  You take the most beautiful pictures!  Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Yellow!!!
my yard is so confused with the new 70 temps that I have iris' blooming...
Have a great Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry.  And beautiful photos.  BTW, I have always wondered about what your screenname meant.  Is it go to maria?  Just wondering, LOL.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and bright!
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your entries are always so beautiful and this one tops it off...love the yellows so much...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hello Maria......Thanks for stopping by my journal I am glad you liked it. These flowers in your journal are beautiful. I am going to have come by and read the rest of your entries later. I really enjoy what I read in the entries I did read. It will be nice getting to know you through your journal. I am glad you are here at J-Land. Please feel free to visit my journal anytime. Thanks again for stopping by mine and saying hello. Take care Maria.