Sunday, August 6, 2006

A Walk in the Highline/Seatac Botanical Garden

Preview,   

Opps, just a clarification...the garden was moved and relocated to this spot...the community saved it from being demolished...isn't that great?   The third runway is still on schedule for the original location..... Also, I added a clematis photo from the garden too!

I discovered a very neat garden by our Seatac Recreation center.  It is part of a women's garden that was going to be demolished to make way for third runway at the airport.  Some people dug up the plants and ideas and saved them.  The columns are something very cool but I don't know if they were part of her original garden.  It's a wonderful place for a picnic...Previewand a butterfly garden is being planned there in the near future....can't wait.   Have you any hidden or unvisited gardens in your neighborhood or close by?  I'm going to look out for more....     Maria  :)

 

Preview

Preview

Preview

Preview

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a real shame to demolish something as beautiful as this garden just for another runway for an airport. Thank you for sharing this. It is absolutely beautiful. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they would demolish such a beautiful place!  
Missie

Anonymous said...

Woah, that is beautiful!  And they want to TEAR it down?  Are they crazy?

Anonymous said...

Fight, fight, fight!  Don't let them do it!
Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/08/06/magic-mountain/1250

Anonymous said...

Your journal always have some of the prettiest photos...of everything...love these...so full of color...I wish someday to go there and see them in person...how lucky you are!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what that red flower is because I think I have those growing in my yard and I don't know what they are.  Do you? lol  Lovely pics.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly