Saturday, August 19, 2006

Special Entry for AOL 3 year Celebration-We are Together

My last three entries have been about the AOL 3 years of journaling Celebrations.....Preview

I"ve only been journaling for about 1 and 1/2 years.  During this time my computer crashed and I lost a lot of photos...happily some of my favorites were saved since I had them on my journals. I have learned so many things and met some great journalers.  

It occurred to me that it would be nice to do something special for the 3 year celebration AOL is having for journalers.  This sun/moon photo collage is a small way of noting that there are certain things that we all do that bring us together and make us feel as one.  People journal for all different reasons.   When we share our journals we are together...just like when we all look up in the sky each day for the sun or the moon we are together we share a common view.   The reasons we look are different but the view is still shared. 

 
Why do I journal?
I've always enjoyed reading, my whole life.  I feel that writing and photography capture moments of life that otherwise would escape like mist in the morning sun.  AOL offers a way to share writings and photos as moments of life.  I write and photograph to remember and share something I thought was beautiful or fun...hoping that someone else may find it to be the same for them.   I look throughout other journals for the same thing.  Sometimes I find courage in the face of adversity which has a beauty of it's own. Sometimes I find talent that is amazing and fun.   Most times I find some very cool souls who share their warmth and vitality....this entry is a big thanks to all of you!!  I have stayed with journaling because of all of you.  You all inspire me. 

Preview

How about you?  Why do you journal?  Make a short entry in your journal, leave a link in my comments and I'll add you to this entry!  Happy journaling all!

Preview

Dianna (Sazzy) made my name tag.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria ,thanks for visiting my journal ,I have put you on my alerts any friend of Jeannettes is a friend of mine ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

nice journal u have here. thanks so much for stopping by my story journal

Anonymous said...

I love writing my journal, it helps to unwind after my day at work,can`t believe I`ve kept it up and I love visiting other peoples.
linda x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed scanning through your journal and seeing the neat pictures and stuff.  Love your Pink Panther graphic.  Have a great Sunday.

Phil the Thrill

Anonymous said...

I love writing in my journal as well.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Maria, your photos are awesome.  My reason for journaling, mainly a release plus I have loved learning to make graphics.  You are so talented.  HUGS  Chris (Cab's Creations) and

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I was logging the chat during the Anniversary Chat last night, and hope you had a great time. I certainly did! If you want to read back, visit my journal (URL below).

Best wishes,
Guido

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

What a great entry Maria.  We love your photos and your other "shares".  : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly