Sunday, January 29, 2006

South Beach Diet Thoughts - 4 - Artichokes Benedict

                         

               Picture from Hometown  

                        I'm back with more on the Diet! 

Since it is currently working pretty well I thought I would share what I had for breakfast.  If you like artichokes this is a great one.  Basically it's art!

(Hmm, never noticed that art was actually in the word before)

After cutting off the stem and setting the artichoke upright in a boiling pot of salted water for about 30 minutes you take it out and set it in a dish...just open the leaves and scoop out the center fuzzy part along with the smaller inside leaves...add a slice of heated canadian bacon, a poached egg and a little hollandaise and voila...Artichokes benedict...it's magic.  

                      Picture from Hometown    

         Picture from Hometown     

          Picture from Hometown      

                    Picture from Hometown

                                                            Maria  :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good...I have got to try it this week...thanks for sharing...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm just not knowin bout the artichokes, but I'm glad you liked it and it is good for you.  lol  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

looks good but ewww artichokes lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Looks good!  Glad that you are doing well on your diet.  Takecare friend TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

LoL ... I remember you saying you should post pictures of
this, glad that you did. I Looooove artichokes, not much
of an egg eater but I loooove artichokes. Thanks Maria ;-)
             
                    *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain