Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pink Panther Hello!

                            Picture from Hometown  

Just Peeking in to say Hello!   I got this Darling Pink Panther gif from Roxy Mama!  ..here is her Journal, please check it out:   http://journals.aol.com/xxroxymamaxx/XXRoxyMamaXX/   I've been a little preoccupied with a new diet I started...   It's the infamous South Beach Diet.  I didn't know what I was getting into that's for sure.  I don't think I have eaten so many vegetables in a long time.  No white flour or any kind of bread the first two weeks,  no sugar and (this one is tough) no ALCOHOL. My husband is definitely losing lots of pounds and this is just day 9.   I on the other hand am slowly seeing some progress.   I've learned a lot and never have I had so much work to do to get dinner on the table.  OK, sometimes my husband does it.  In any case, lots of chopping and what he likes to call rabbit food.  I never knew how to make a frittata before..but now I do.  Vegetable miniquiches?  What are those you ask?  I now know how to make them...for breakfast.  I never used to eat breafast.  On the postive side it seems to be working.  I just don't have as much time to journal as I'd like.  I do try to check in with some of my favorites.   The funny thing is that I'm not hungry for those sweets and breads.  That's a surprise.  I would not have believed it.  So far I've lost about 5 pounds and he's lost about 10.   Actually, I don't mind the diet food it's all the prep work and last minute running to the store to pick up things like part-skim Ricotta cheese, fresh herbs, fresh veggies, some obsure ingredients I never have on hand or something.   The food is good.  My favorite is mashed cauliflower..tastes just like mashed potatoes if done right...oh yes,  can't have any potatoes either.  Ta, Ta for now!

                                             Picture from Hometown    

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your diet! The South Beach one is a good one to follow :)

betty

Anonymous said...

good luck on the diet:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey...gurl, thanks for visiting my journal. Please come by any time! Congrats on losing some weight. I've tried all kinds of diets! I'm on the 3 HR. DIET right now, lost 5 lbs the 1st week...not weighing again till the end of the mo (it guarantees you 2 lbs per wk). As you know I lost over a 100 lbs a couple yrs ago...still have 75 or more to go! Read my archives sometime when you have some time to kill!! Good luck with your diet! Check in on mine occ. I'll be back!!
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great diet...one that I could work with also.  Men lose a lot quicker than women, makes me soooooooo mad.  But it is a true fact.  You are doing great ...keep up the good work!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria.  The tags look great here.  My hubby needs to lose some weight too.  He's hooked on sweets and this time of year he always puts on about 20 lbs.  But in the summer he seems to lose it.   I banned him from sodas for awhile. lol  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!
I love the graphic and the music in your journal is awesome!
Good luck with continuing the diet - it's hard to do, so pat yourself on the back:)
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Check out the link I posted today for our new diet blog at my journal.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You two are doing great. I was wondering how that diet is. Maybe I'll have to try it. A Braun hand blender makes veggie chopping so much easier.

Anonymous said...

The diet sounds like it is going good!! Wishing you continued success!
Linda :)