Friday, January 13, 2006

Red Hat! Who's That?

                         Picture from Hometown  

 

                             Red Hat!  Who’s That?

 

Peering in to say Hello!   I got this wonderful red hat gif from Donna!  She is a multi talented journalist who keeps me in awe whenever I read her entries and look at her amazing moving gifs. 
Please check her site out at:    http://journals.aol.com/mydsdesigns/DsDesigns/

 

Imagining myself in this red hat….I feel as if Humphrey Bogart is looking at me and saying..”Here’s looking at you kid”…(smile).    Something about that whole exotic, a little on the shady side but really a good guy theme is so appealing somehow.   Talk about dreams.   If anyone hasn’t seen Casablanca I highly recommend the movie.  It may be a black and white movie and old as the hills but the screenwriter did such an excellent job and there are so many clichés in that movie which we still use.  It's timeless. 

 

Getting back to the hat.  I do think hats are great.  I think they can be functional as well as decorative.  I have tons of baseball caps which have shielded my eyes from the penetrating sun at many a soccer game.  Although these days the only feathered or fancy hats you see are in parades, Vegas type shows and on the occasional Halloween costume of, say, the Three Musketeers, just a few decades ago women wore some pretty fancy headgear. 

 

I had a fun time at a mother/daughter tea last year where we also had a hat contest…the most outrageous hat prize went to me!  Here’s a quick link to that entry if you are curious to see:

http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/entries/429

 

                In any case, that could be you in that red hat!

                                      Baseball hats count too!  

 

                                     So then, hats off to all!

 

 

                                                 Picture from Hometown

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice... thanks for the 'plug' and nice words :)
d

http://journals.aol.com/mydsdesigns/DsDesigns/

Anonymous said...

Oh, I got the same hat from Donna and love it. She's awesome. I love the music in your journal too.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

The graphic is very pretty.  I like the beanie hats sometimes if it's cold out.  Loved your pink one in the other entry!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Yepper, Donna is very talented & sooo kind to make all of us tags, etc.
I'm with you on hats, have always loved them. Have lots of caps, winter hats, church hats, you name it hats...I got um! ;0)
Blessings,
SUGAr

Anonymous said...

I had Donna make me one too.  She is a smartee.  I belong to the Red Hatters and you should see some of them.  I loved your pink hat.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
Have a happy day.       Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yes, she does great work...and the hat is awesome!  I too love hats, but more baseball caps for me with my long hair in a pony tail.  I had a jeep one time, drove with the sides and top down...with my baseball cap on always.  Hats are beautiful and this one is so pretty.  That tea sounded delightful...many hugs and love,
joyce