Monday, November 20, 2006

A Thanksgiving Entry on Monday

            Hello, all!  The leaves tell a colorful story around here right before Thanksgiving.  First we start with an elegant animation from Donna....a favorite journal artist of mine...check out her site: This That and Hockey       She has some wonderful animations.   It's Thanksgiving in just a few days.   What are you thankful for?  The changing colors are filling me with thanks for the brightness that would otherwise leave us with some pretty grey days this time of year.  Funny, just before the leaves drop off they shine their brightest with vivid, brilliant hues...yellow, reds and oranges.   

I did a bazaar this weekend with my photos and cards and my hammered dulcimer...although I didn't make a lot of money I learned some great lessons about life and people.   My next entry will dwell on this a little in the area of going after your passions.   Knowing what really drives you and how to use that knowledge to be present in this world in a real sense can make the difference of night and day for success....focus on a few if you have lots....which is my problem...I'm a mishmash of passions...I like a lot of things.   Just like my photos....red, green, yellow leaves...all different yet still leaves....just one of my many likes....more on this topic later!  Maria

 

                        Preview

Preview

Preview

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing your lessons for success at the bazaar and going after your passions.  Sounds very interesting!  Even though you didn't make a lot of money, the knowledge you gained will likely lead to much greater fortune in the future.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful entry!  The leaf photos are incredibly beautiful. I am deeply grateful to God for giving me life and the chance to have family.  I would like to link back to you from my journal as Thankful Month comes to a close there.  If I have your permission, I will do so tomorrow or Wednesday.  Blessings, Penny

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos:) Happy Thanksgiving

Deb

Anonymous said...

very pretty pictures

Anonymous said...

very pretty pics. have a great thanksgiving holiday. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Those photos are beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving! Helen

Anonymous said...

what beautiful leaves!!!  i think i would love hanggliding...yes, it would be scary at first, but i also think it would be exhilarating!!  :)  maybe one day i'll try it.  congratulations on your sales and exhibit!  looks like you had a wondrful exhibit.
gina