Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend Assignment #90: Holiday Memories

http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/entries/5215  link to Scalzi's page
In all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it's good to take a moment to remember that this time of year is full of wonderful memories. And that brings us to this week's Weekened Assignment:

Weekend Assignment #90: Share a treasured holiday memory. If it happened during the holiday season (which means, basically, from the the day after Thanksgiving to the end of the Bowl Games), it's eligible.

I have lots of favorites so it's hard to pick but one of my strongest memories is an early one sitting under a huge christmas tree in Pittsburgh, PA.  My mom always dress my sister and I up like twins...we were 1 and 1/2 years apart..it was pretty cute.   Me on the left.....in the black and white.

Picture from Hometown

But I have to also include another one a little later where we both were wearing red velvet dresses that my mom made us.  I loved velvet...still do.   Me on the right in color....:)

Picture from Hometown



Extra credit:
Fruitcake: Ever, you know, had any?  
Yes and sometimes good, sometimes not so good...:)

Maria
Picture from Hometown

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your mom give you and your sister those hair cuts? Mine always looked like that as a little girl. My mom called them pixie cuts and always promised she wouldn't cut my bangs too short...they were not only too short, they were always uneven,too.

Anonymous said...

Maria~I love that second pic. Looks like the 50's?! I still like my velvet and velour too...;-) Sassy

Anonymous said...

Maria the pictures are darling! What a lovely Christmas Memory. Thank you for sharing.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria, I love those old photographs.  How many wonderful memories did they bring to mind.  I sometimes get lost in old photographs.  Blessing to you and have a wonderful Christmas.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!
That second looks just like one I have of me at Christmas at that age...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, your photos are sooooooo nice...I love the black and white.  I am having my Mom bring ALL of my family photos with her when she arrives Friday...I gave them all to her when my Dad died and she took everyone of them home in a huge box...but I want to go through each of them, looking for your kind of memories.  Loved this entry...take care! Hugs,
Joyce