Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Magical Strings

                    Picture from Hometown  

Hello all,  I am borrowing a couple of gifs today from other sites.  They are so pretty.   Went to a wonderful musical last night performed by the Magical Strings music group.  This is a family operation and has been performing for over 27 years.  Celtic music and hammered dulcimer.  I still have my hammered dulcimer from my college days ...need to wipe off the dust and practice.  I usually pull it out during Christmastime.  I'll post some pictures of it in another entry.  Their website is www.magicalstrings.com  if you want to learn more.  They had dancers in the river dance tradition and right after intermission they had a procession that included some of the audience that wanted to get dressed up.  It was a real family affair.  A very talented and musical family...;)        

          Picture from Hometown     

                                 Picture from Hometown

                                               Maria

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas From Our Home To Yours!

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. Have a very Happy christmas.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I love celtic music:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi; got your link from Deb over at Frosty Thoughts. Love your journal. If you like to do photo entries, check out my journal. I'm taking over Krissy's from Sometimes I Think photo scavenger hunts that she does weekly (but in this case it is going to be a two week hunt because I'm going to be gone next week). The theme is celebrating.

Sounds like a wonderful time you had last night!

Merry Christmas

betty

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my kind of music.  The group looks absolutely wonderful.  Bet you felt like one of the family.  Hope you enjoy those Angel Slices and I agree we do need to be more aware of all the angels that are around us.  Say are you one?

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

I love Celtic music...oh so soothing!  Very very nice family photo.  I hope you have a wonderful day ahead...hugs,
joyce