Monday, April 2, 2007

Passionate about Purple?

 

Hello, All,

Purple is a passionate color.  On Palm Sunday...all the statues in the Catholic churches are covered with a purple cloth to highlight the Passion of Christ...also, the flowers in this season display quite a purple passion themselves....  Here are some purple and pink Calla lilies in a vase from the Flower and Garden show a couple of weeks back and some purple crocus along the Lake Union Marina.....;)

                         Dragonfly by Donna   Maria

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love purple:) great pictures as always

Deb

Anonymous said...

Purple's my favorite...and so are your pics!
Geez...great job!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

You really did capture a rich purple tone in these pictures.  Beautiful flowers!

Greg

Anonymous said...

Purple is my favorite color. These pictures are just beautiful. (((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

I loved them...thanks for sharing...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I just cala lillies.
Missie

Anonymous said...

great shot! The true flower in the color of royalty for Christ the King!

Anonymous said...

::smiling::  Purple has been my favorite color since childhood...  I could surround myself with this passionate color and never tire of it's beauty.  Your photos are stunning...  Thank you for sharing.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL passionate purple flowers....
Never saw purple Calla lilies, I used to have white ones, but they were left behind at my old house..; (
I love Calla Lilies, they are so delicate & graceful looking~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria~My fav. color and flowers--how could you go wrong? Nice shots. Have a blessed Easter~Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/sassyseye