Saturday, December 9, 2006

More on the snow!

                                     Preview

When it first started to snow it was dark...I ran out to see and ran back in for the camera...imagine trying to take a picture of the snow in the dark!  Yep that's me...and guess what it turned out OK!    The bright snow lit up the night in a very glowing way.  I felt like a child and connected with the night and the snow.    The flakes were huge...that's why I think they showed up so well on the photo.    

The next day it was brighter and I got a photo of our house with snow.  This was the first year with our new windows and the snow.   I was sure glad to get back in the house...brrrr....it was cold outside.   I'm glad I braved the cold for these photos...of course this is just two out of about 20...not all turned out.  Usually takes more than just one or two...thank goodness for digital.  

Preview

Preview

Preview

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pix...the first one would sure make for some awesome graphics...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

very nice:) i love the first snow so pretty and clean

Deb

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots. So pretty. Helen

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Marie I absoluetly love #1 ....a great Christmas Card!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!!
Snow...bring it our way...hopefully for Christmas!
Hugs and love..
Joyce

Anonymous said...

good pics....but i love that 1st one!!!  beautiful.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures. my hubby wants to know how many mega pixels is the camera you used. he is thinking of buying a digital camera and wants to know which ones are the good ones. have a great sunday. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yup...love that first shot!  And your house is lovely...that is your house, right?  lol

Nancy

Anonymous said...

You can keep the snow!  Don't send my way! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

I really like the way the flash exposed the snow and left everything else black.  That is really cool, I'll have to keep that in mind if we are lucky enough to get any snow this year.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cool!  No pun intended. lol  The evergreens look almost like statues.   Love and hugs, Shelly