Saturday, July 22, 2006

Pink Martini Band

Update:  It was great!  Loved it!  They were an inspiration.  All the instruments and wonderful singing and in several languages..so interesting to hear.  Whenever they come to town again...I hope to see them!

Preview 

 

  I'm excited...I'm going to see the Pink Martini tonight with some friends...they are a great band with a wonderful singer..kind of a blues, jazzy, foreign influence back in the 50's but somehow now modern too band.  They have a real brazilian flavor but they actually began performing in Oregon. I've seen them once before...and they recently did a show for PBS our Public Broadcasting System.  They sing in several languages:  Japanese, French, German, English, Portugese....and probably more that I don't realize.....
here is a link to their site:
Pink Martini  where you can meet the band.  CHINA is the name of their lead singer and she is marvelous.

Preview

 

Preview

Chateau St. Michelle Winery in Woodniville.

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun:) i loved the hat too cool

Deb

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful time...she is very pretty...bet she can sing well too!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great band to me!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Before you said her name was China, I thought that was Tori Amos.  Do you see a resemblence?  Anyway, I hope you had a fabulous time.  I love watching bands!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sugar