Sunday, February 5, 2006

Superbowl and The Seahawks

                                         

   

                         Picture from Hometown      Picture from Hometown

The Seahawks are still the NFC Champions and that is no slouching victory.   I couldn't help but notice as they played today how many times it seemed like their focus and concentration were affected by the controversial calls...even right before halftime...with the confusion about what had already happened precious moments were lost in confusion.   Sports is so mental.   It's amazing how a referee's calls can affect the game.   Giving one team hope and taking it away from the other team.  The calls were very close and whatever is done is done.  Several of the calls will remain controversial no matter what we say or do.    

Why were there so many Pittsburgh fans in porportion to Seahawks in the audience?  Not really sure. Probably the distance from Seattle vs. Pittsburgh had something to do with it.  I know people were excited here in Seattle.   I also think that our 12th man theme got put on the back burner due to it being in conflict with another team...too bad they couldn't have waited until the bowl was over before that controversy came to light.


In any case,  having grown up in Pittsburgh I felt good for the Steelers but being in Seattle I was very dissappointed for the Seahawks...I think the referee close calls going so many times to thefavor of the steelers really ate away at them..like chinese water torture it will break you down.   

However, having said that, the Seahawks have now been Quickened and should not be so open to this effect in the future.  Gotta love those Seahawks, they will be back next year and then just watchout!  

           Picture from Hometown      Maria  :)     Picture from Hometown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean says the Steelers are going to win but I don't know or care! I hate football - sorry - can't help myself. I watch the commercials and the cute butts!
LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

We did not see the game, but the only team I knew something about was Pittsburgh, only because that was the team my late Dad loved.  Guess I was routing for them.  But the Seahawks I heard were awesome...both great teams to have come as far as they did...
Many hugs,
Joyce