Friday, June 10, 2005

Is it a Tulip?

  

                 

 

A Tulip in a tree against a clear blue sky! Yellow Cup!  A Surprise inside.   Amazing trees with flowers that look like tulips!  Seen along Lake Washington on a recent walk I had!   I think every day can be a celebration of life, beauty and joy.  Beautiful flowers on a beautiful day.  The wonder of nature and the joy of a new discovery.   I'd never seen trees like this before and yet here they were right in a park that I've visited many times before.  I feel a Haiku coming on...:

Haiku on Tulip Tree Photo:

Flower Surprise, tree jewel 
Yellow on Green, open
Food for the soul

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonder what kind of tree that is?
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Great looking page composition, and the unknown "tulip" flowers in the tree are eye catching.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, The tree is a Flowering Maple. There is one in my back yard. I too did not know what is was butt, I had to find out. My tree is about 35 to 4o years old.

Anonymous said...

we had one in our yard and we knew it as a Tulip Poplar.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Your flowering tree is looks to be what we have always called the popular tree. Helen